I am a final year PhD student in Informatics Institute at the University of Edinburgh. I am advised by Prof. Mirella Lapata. My interests are in the field of Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning. My PhD work is in Natural Language Generation involving data-to-text generation, more specifically generating long documents (more than 200 tokens) given a table of statistics as input. As part of my PhD, I have explored novel strategies of neural content planning for long document generation.
Prior to this, I worked as a Research Assistant with Prof. Yue Zhang in NLP lab at SUTD, Singapore. I completed my MS in CS by Research at IIIT Hyderabad in Feb 2017. My thesis topic was “Transition based technique for Syntactic Linearization and Deep Input Linearization”. I have also worked as a Research Engineer in the NLP lab lab at IIT Bombay with Prof. Pushpak Bhattacharyya. Even earlier, I was a Technical Architect in a Software Product firm in the Research division.
I have also worked in other problems in NLP including Summarization, Syntactic Linearization, Machine Translation and Transliteration, Word Sense Disambiguation, and application of NLP techniques in the financial domain.
I am on the job market.
- IndicBART: A Pre-trained Model for Natural Language Generation of Indic Languages Code
Raj Dabre, Himani Shrotriya, Anoop Kunchukuttan, Ratish Puduppully, Mitesh M. Khapra, Pratyush Kumar. 2021.
- Data-to-text Generation with Macro Planning. Code
Ratish Puduppully and Mirella Lapata. In Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics (TACL) (to appear). 2021.
- University of Edinburgh's submission to the Document-level Generation and Translation Shared Task. Code
Ratish Puduppully, Jonathan Mallinson, Mirella Lapata. In Proceedings of Workshop on Neural Generation and Translation, EMNLP. 2019.
- Data-to-text Generation with Entity Modeling. Code
Ratish Puduppully, Li Dong, Mirella Lapata. In Proceedings of ACL. 2019.
- Data-to-Text Generation with Content Selection and Planning Code
Ratish Puduppully, Li Dong, Mirella Lapata. In Proceedings of AAAI. 2019.
- Transition-Based Deep Input Linearization Code
Ratish Puduppully, Yue Zhang and Manish Shrivastava. In Proceedings of EACL. 2017.
- Transition-Based Syntactic Linearization with Lookahead Features Code
Ratish Puduppully, Yue Zhang and Manish Shrivastava. In Proceedings of NAACL. 2016.
- Brahmi-Net - An online system for transliteration and script conversion for Indian languages Code
Anoop Kunchukuttan*, Ratish Puduppully* and Pushpak Bhattacharyya. In Proceedings of NAACL-HLT Demonstrations. 2015.
- Merging Verb Senses of Hindi WordNet using Word Embeddings Sudha Bhingardive, Ratish Puduppully, Dhirendra Singh and Pushpak Bhattacharyya. In Proceedings of International Conference on Natural Language Processing (ICON). 2014.
- The IIT Bombay SMT System for ICON 2014 Tools Contest Anoop Kunchukuttan, Ratish Puduppully, Rajen Chatterjee, Abhijit Mishra, Pushpak Bhattacharyya. In Proceedings of International Conference on Natural Language Processing (ICON) Tools Contest. 2014.